Rabu, 24 Juli 2013

Do you still own a CRT television, if so what is your reasoning for not getting rid of it yet?

Q. In my house we own 3 flat screen HDTV's I bought the first two and my mother bought a very expensive third, what's your reason for not switching to the HD flat screen era of TV's?

A. Yes I do. In fact, I have two houses with a total of six televisions. All of them are CRTs, and all of them still work perfectly fine. One of them I bought this past April. The tricksters at the store I bought it at tried putting the display model right under a 52 inch 1080p Sony Bravia, but with my knowledge of televisions and my own two eyes comparing it to similarly-sized LCD HDTVs in the store, I saw that it produced a picture that was no worse than the LCDs, in fact I thought it was better. And this is why:
1. LCDs do not produce contrast anywhere near the levels of CRTs. Even LED-backlit models cannot match the black level of CRT televisions.
2. The response time on LCDs is inherently slow enough that motion blur can be observed in fast-action scenes, especially models with 60 Hertz refresh rates while watching movies. No such thing has ever existed with the CRT in its 100+ year history.
3. The viewing angles of LCD displays are relatively narrow. No matter how the manufacturers try to report them, I KNOW when I'm looking at the TV from off to the side or below and the contrast is going to zero. With my CRT television placed about 4 feet to the right of my desk, I can watch TV while working at my desk, and not see incorrect colors.
4. Speaking of colors, the CRT accurately reproduces the colors, as it is not backlit by a fluorescent light producing light of inconsistent wavelengths that cannot match up with the wavelengths of light that the liquid crystals can block.

The icing on the cake? The CRT cost me about half as much as a comparably-sized LCD would have cost me. And guess what, its screen IS flat. (In general for electronics you get what you pay for, but only when comparing TVs of the same display type.)

In addition, I don't have HD programming or a Blu-Ray player, the only gaming I ever do is with a PS2 (non-HD), and I still watch a lot of DVDs and VHS tapes. Non-HD content always looks WORSE on a HDTV of fixed-pixel (non-CRT) technology because of the scaling and de-interlacing that must take place. If I need better picture quality on cable, I just switch to the digital cable channel.

Resolution is NOT as important of a spec as many people and HDTV manufacturers make it out to be. Your eye notices contrast, color, and smoothness (including fast response time) before it notices resolution. When watching constant motion video as on TV, your eye focuses on the motion and changes, the whole picture, rather than on fine details.

Finally, I would like to clear up the misconception that CRT televisions cannot be HDTVs. There were a number of 1080i CRT HDTVs made from the late '90s until about 2 years ago, from a number of brands including Sony, Samsung, RCA, Toshiba, Philips, Panasonic, and others, as well as CRT rear-projection by even more companies. You can take a 21 inch CRT computer monitor with a resolution of 1920x1440 or higher and hook up a HDTV source to a VGA transcoder, and there you have a small 1080p HDTV. And many CRT projectors could display higher than 1080p; the BarcoReality 909 could throw a resolution of 3200x2560p (almost 4 times the resolution of 1080p).

When the time comes for a new TV, it will probably be a plasma. If SED or FED TVs are out by then, I would also consider those.

Hope this answers your question.


Which display should I get to play my XBOX 360 on?
Q. Should I get me an HD LCD TV or an HD PC Monitor for playing my XBOX 360 on? I already own a 29" flatscreen CRT TV as well as a 19" widescreen LG PC Monitor, but on the one the images are too blurry and the other one is too small.

A. It depends on how much you want to pay.

0-300$ : Panasonic TC-L22X2 22-Inch 720p LCD HDTV
Any LCD, 32 inch or smaller with 720p ( LG 32LD350 32-Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV)

300-500$ : A 40' inch full HD ( i recomend Samsung or sony bravia)

500-1000 : SAMSUNG 7,8 series

1000-above : Samsung 9 series, LED FULL HD , LED FULL HD 3D





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 komentar:

  1. Gotta Love those CRT Televisions!

    http://mcanetworkacademy.com/rangel86/do-you-remember-the-big-old-crt-television

    BalasHapus